This plugin has been writen by Carpe-Hora Camille Neron.
Of course, check_pinba is under GNU GPL v2 : http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- mysqldb: for Debian, aptitude install python-mysqldb
Pinba is a realtime monitoring/statistics server for PHP using MySQL as a read-only interface. http://pinba.org Pinba stores the data in a Mysql database. They are few tables, mainly these :
Currently, only the report_by_hostname, by script_name and by server_name tables are supported. But the scope will be extended according the needs.
To use this plugin you must specify:
- database host
- pinba database name
- login and password to connect to the pinba database
- the table that you want check (report_by …)
- the column that you want to get. For example, to report_by_hostname, req_count column (check your table content)
- the value of the report type. For example, to report_by_hostname, you must specify the app server name
- and like in almost any nagios plugin, the warning and critical value
An example of usage:
./check_pinba.py -H localhost -u pinba -p password -D pinba -r report_by_hostname -q req_count -v apache00
The plugin will connect to the database, and get the data with a SQL request.
- add more supported tables